- At Home
- At School
- For Students
- For Teachers - Wipe Out Waste schools program
- Wipe Out Waste registration
- For the Wipe Out Waste Challenge
- School Grant Information
- At Work
- Business and Industry
- At Events
WOW mobile waste education facility
The Wipe Out Waste Mobile Waste Education Facilities or vans are the centerpieces of the Primary Schools Program. The original Wipe Out Waste Van was formerly a mobile library which was remodeled to feature a sheltered teaching area, visual displays and electronic resources. A new van, launched in 2006 provides opportunities for more schools to participate in the program.
Qualified teachers deliver waste-related lessons specifically tailored for each year level. Lessons delivered in the van have been developed around five waste and environmental themes. Each year level selects a lesson from the following themes:
- Less is Best - Focuses on the waste management hierarchy with practical activities to help students reduce, reuse and recycle.
- In the Recycling Loop - Examines how to recycle properly, what happens to recycled materials and the importance of closing the recycling loop.
- Litter on the Loose - Identifies litter as an environmental and health issue, looks at littering behaviour and encourages students to eliminate littering from their lives.
- Organically Speaking - Provides students with an understanding of organic waste disposal and reprocessing through composting and worm farming.
- Living in a Greenhouse -Examines the greenhouse effect and how individuals and new technologies, such as using the methane gas from Council's landfills to make electricity, can reduce the production of greenhouse gases.
If you would like to participate in the Wipe Out Waste Program or would like further information please contact the Wipe Out Waste team on (07) 5581 6855 or email the Program Coordinator at email@example.com.
Next page: WOW Classroom presentations - - Updated on: Thursday 27-Jan-11