- At Home
- At School
- For Students
- For Teachers - Wipe Out Waste schools program
- Wipe Out Waste registration
- For the Wipe Out Waste Challenge
- School Grant Information
- At Work
- Business and Industry
- At Events
Helping to create sustainable schools
How does your school manage waste? Does your school have a litter problem? Would you like to start a paper recycling program? The Wipe Out Waste Challenge is a free educational service provided to schools by Gold Coast City Council. It provides practical assistance to schools in the design and implementation of waste minimisation strategies.
The challenge focuses on four key areas:
- minimising organic waste - setting up worm farms and compost bins
- litter reduction - advice and assistance on establishing and sustaining programs
- recycling - information on recycling service options; help in developing successful programs
- waste and litter audits - help in getting baseline data to plan and monitor waste minimisation programs.
The main aims of the Wipe Out Waste Challenge are to:
- provide students with a hands on learning experiences and skills in waste minimisation
- provide opportunities for students to identify, analyse and solve real world problems
- help schools to save money on waste disposal costs
- improve the school environment
- meet learning outcomes in a variety of subject areas
- help schools to participate effectively in programs such as Education Queensland's Sustainable Schools Initiative.
WOW Challenge brochure (543 kb)
If you would like to participate in the Wipe Out Waste Program or would like further information please contact the Wipe Out Waste team on (07) 5581 6855 or email the Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wipe Out Waste mobile waste education facility
- Wipe Out Waste schools program
- Wipe Out Waste classroom presentations
- Wipe Out Waste Poster Competition
Next page: Activities - - Updated on: Thursday 03-Mar-11