- At Home
- At School
- For Students
- For Teachers - Wipe Out Waste schools program
- Wipe Out Waste registration
- For the Wipe Out Waste Challenge
- School Grant Information
- At Work
- Business and Industry
- At Events
WOW Truck Art Poster Competition
Here are some ideas to get your creative juices flowing so you can enter the Wipe Out Waste Truck Art Competition:
Recycling food scraps and garden waste which can be done by using worm farms, compost bins or feeding the scraps to chickens.
For more information on worm farms and compost bins go to this link.
Litter free lunches
Ditch the plastic wrap and remove all waste from your lunch box
Some ideas for you to do this are:
- get a cool new sandwich container and drink bottle or use reusable sandwich wrappers and lunch order bags
- buy bulk packets of chips and put them into individual containers for school
- Can you think of another way you could reduce waste from your lunch box?
Maybe you could draw that on your poster.
Reusing where possible
Have you ever thought of how you could reuse items in your classroom or in your home?
Some ideas we’ve thought of are:
- reuse a glass coffee jar for holding rice
- turn a cardboard box into a toy robot
- turn a plastic milk bottle into a pot plant
- use both sides of a piece of paper
- turn an old tyre into a swing or the base for a planter box
- create a bird house from old wood
- have a garage sale
- take old computer games back to EB games to be used by others
- give unwanted items to charity shops
Can you think of three more ways you could reuse things?
Maybe you could draw one of your ideas on your poster.
Here’s some ideas to help you and your family become smart shoppers:
- say NO to plastic bags
- buy items with reduced packaging, for example putting your fruit straight into your trolley instead of plastic bags
- take your own reusable bags to the shops
- try to buy items made from recyclable materials
- buy in bulk
How could you help your family be smart shoppers? Think of one thing you could do….
Could this be drawn or painted on your poster?
If you’re still stuck for ideas, maybe think about what wipe out waste initiatives could be done in the following places to help make our city more sustainable.
What could be done to WIPE OUT WASTE at the beach?
What could be done to WIPE OUT WASTE at the shopping centre?
What could be done to WIPE OUT WASTE at the park?
What could be done to WIPE OUT WASTE at your school?
Next page: For Teachers - Wipe Out Waste schools program - - Updated on: Friday 27-Apr-12