- At Home
- At School
- For Students
- For Teachers - Wipe Out Waste schools program
- Wipe Out Waste registration
- For the Wipe Out Waste Challenge
- School Grant Information
- At Work
- Business and Industry
- At Events
News, events and competitions
Wipe Out Waste Poster Competition
Welcome to the brand new Wipe Out Waste TRUCK ART POSTER COMPETITON for Gold Coast Primary School Students.
In 2012 Gold Coast primary school students have a chance to have their artwork displayed on Gold Coast City Council Collection trucks which will be driven all over the Gold Coast! Winners of this year's TRUCK ART POSTER COMPETITION will also win a Child Dolphin Aqua Adventure at Seaworld which includes an educational talk and an experience in either a shallow water or submersed platform encounter with a Sea World dolphin.
To enter to win these prizes all you need to do is design a poster that illustrates how to wipe out waste on the Gold Coast. You could even choose a place on the Gold Coast to wipe out waste such as the beach, park, shopping centre or even your school! Make sure you read the terms and conditions at the bottom of the page to know exactly how to present your poster.
Ideas to help you out . . .
Check out this page for ideas Truck Art Ideas
- worm farms
- compost bins
- litter free lunches
- reusing things
- reycling food scraps and food waste
- reducing packaging by smart shopping
How to enter
- Create a poster on either A4 or A3 paper.
- The theme of your poster must show how to wipe out waste to create a more sustainable Gold Coast.
- Your poster must be of portrait oreientation.
- Use bright colours. We will need to enlarge your artwork a lot to fit on the side of the truck. Bright crayons, pencils, textas, ink or paint are all good mediums to use.
- Write your name, age, school and home telphone number on the poster. Your name, age and school will be displayed on the collection trucks. Your phone number will be kept private and only used for the adminiistration of this competition.
Conditions of Entry
Information on how to enter and details of the prizes form part fo the these conditions of entry.
Entry into the competition is deemed to be an acceptance of these conditions
- Students must live or go to school in the Gold Coast City Council local government area.
- The competition is open to primary school students only.
- Entries should be submitted on an A4 or A3 sheet of paper with the child's name, class/year and school clearly marked on the back and sent to the Waste Education Project Officer, Gold Coast City Council, PO Box 5042, GCMC Qld 9729.
- Council may slightly alter the winning artworks for installation and promotional purposes.
- Artworks must be the child's own original work. Posters can not be returned.
- Entries can be drawn by hand using any medium, or designed electronically using WordArt etc.
- Four winners will be selected. The 'Seaworld' prize includes Seaworld entry for one child and an accompanying adult.
- The wining artworks wil be reproduced for use on Gold Coast City Council's collection trucks. All artworks become the property of Gold Coast City Council and may be used in future Council materials, including on our website, in publications, the media and other Council promotional activities.
- Any photographs taken of winning students and artworks may be used in future Gold Coast City Council publications, promotional material and may appear in the media.
- Winners names will be published on the collection trucks and in Council promotional material inclduing but not limited to media releases, GreenGC enewsletter and website copy.
- Posters and details will be displayed on the collection trucks for a minimum of one year.
Competition Closing Date: Friday 21st September, 2012 at 5pm.
Send entries to the Waste Education Project Officer, PO Box 5042, GCMC, Qld, 9729 or drop your entry off to Surfers Paradise Administration Centre, 135 Bundall Rd, Surfers Paradise.
Next page: WOW Truck Art Poster Competition - - Updated on: Monday 17-Sep-12