- GreenGC eNewsletter
- Media releases
- 2013 Healthy Waterways Awards
- Free School Recycling Service
- larger recycling bin upgrade
- eWaste recycling program
- Household hazardous waste recycling program
- Soft plastic packaging recycling program
- Botanic Garden Recycling
- 2012 Truck Art Poster Competition
- Waste Disposal Fee Concession Policy
- Green Waste Bin Application
eWaste recycling program
Council has free recycling facilities for certain electronic and electrical waste (eWaste) at designated waste and recycling centres.
eWaste that is suitable to be dropped off by residents into the eWaste cages includes:
- computer equipment - desktop PCs, laptops, monitors, hard drives, keyboards , computer mice, computer power supplies, network and memory cards, floppy disc and CD drives
- home office equipment - printers, scanners
- entertainment equipment - all types of televisions
Due to the recent introduction of the new National Computer and Television Recycling Scheme, Council has now expanded free eWaste recycling to six Community waste and recycling centres.
- Stapylton Resource Recovery Facility
So now recycling eWaste is free and convenient. Thanks to our current eWaste recycling partners DHL and TechCollect.
Please note: Other metal household appliances with electronic components, such as microwaves, whitegoods, video and DVD players, gaming consoles, hi-fi equipment, stereos and cameras, are also accepted free of charge as scrap metal at most City of Gold Coast waste and recycling centres. The Molendinar Resource Recovery Centre also accepts appliances in good working order for recycling. Ask the recycling centre staff if you are not sure which bin to put it in.
Next page: Household hazardous waste recycling program - - Updated on: Friday 17-May-13