- GreenGC eNewsletter
- Media releases
- 2013 Healthy Waterways Awards
- Free School Recycling Service
- larger recycling bin upgrade
- eWaste recycling program
- Household hazardous waste recycling program
- Soft plastic packaging recycling program
- Botanic Garden Recycling
- 2012 Truck Art Poster Competition
- Waste Disposal Fee Concession Policy
- Green Waste Bin Application
2012 Truck Art Poster Competition
The 2012 Truck Art Poster Competition asked primary school students from the Gold Coast to submit a poster showing how we can all, through our everyday actions, wipe out waste on the Gold Coast to help keep our city clean and a great place to live.
There were 314 fantatic entries into the competition! Students came up with many great ideas to help wipe out waste including:
- using worm farms or compost bins to recycle food scraps,
- rethinking our use of plastic bags,
- resuing our items by sharing, swapping or giving away and
- simply by picking up one piece of a litter.
Only four entries could be chosen as the winners to receive the prize of having their artwork displayed on one of Gold Coast City Council's waste and recycling collection trucks as well as a Dolphin Aqua Adventure at Sea World. It was extremely difficult for Councillor Bob La Castra and Leah Fogarty, the Acting 2020 Vision on Waste coordinator to choose the winning entries.
Below you can see the four winning entries on the waste collection trucks. Each winner is pictured with Councillor La Castra and Councillor Owen-Jones.
Emily Gierse - Gilston State School Saphiyah Palmer - Helensvale State School
Morgan Benham - Helensvale State School Tori Straatsma - Helensvale State School
Next page: Waste Disposal Fee Concession Policy - - Updated on: Friday 08-Mar-13