The City of Gold Coast has free recycling facilities for certain electronic and electrical waste (eWaste) at designated waste and recycling centres.
eWaste that is suitable to be dropped off by residents into the eWaste cages includes:
- computer equipment - desktop PCs, laptops, monitors, hard drives, keyboards , computer mice, computer power supplies, network and memory cards, floppy disc and CD drives
- home office equipment - printers, scanners
- entertainment equipment - all types of televisions
Due to the introduction of the National Computer and Television Recycling Scheme, the City has now expanded free eWaste recycling to six Community waste and recycling centres.
- Reedy Creek Recycling Drop-off Centre
- Stapylton Recycling Drop-off Centre
So now recycling eWaste is free and convenient. Thanks to our current eWaste recycling partner Electronic Product Stewardship Australasia (EPSA), in conjunction with TechCollect and Endeavour.
Please note: Other metal household appliances with electronic components, such as microwaves, whitegoods, video and DVD players, gaming consoles, hi-fi equipment, stereos and cameras, are also accepted free of charge as scrap metal at most City of Gold Coast waste and recycling centres. The Molendinar and Reedy Creek Recycling Drop off Centres run by Endeavour also accepts appliances in good working order for recycling. Ask the recycling centre staff if you are not sure which bin to put it in.